HEADER - DO NOT TOUCH

Couple of weeks in review

Sorry for the late post this evening. I attended a technology conference related to education this past weekend and have learned so many new things that I can't wait to share with the classroom.

Firstly, I would like to give a big thank you to all the parents who have given me feedback regarding homework. This is very valuable information for me. Students will complete their first round of homework on Monday and I am excited to read their reflections.

This past week, we began our launch into patterning. Here are some of the expectations students will be learning about with patterns. Below are some games and videos students can watch as reinforcement.

BIG IDEAS

  1. Patterns represent identified regularities. There is always an element of repetition.
  2. Patterns can be represented in a variety of ways (i.e. pictures, words, graphs, sequences, tables).
  3. Some ways of displaying data highlight patterns.
  4. By identifying the element of repetition, one can make predictions related to the pattern
GOAL: I can classify, extended and describe patterns.
GOAL: I can represent a pattern in different ways (e.g. as a table, in pictures).
GOAL: I can make predictions related to a specific pattern.
In language we have been working on creating digital citizenship video's with a message about being responsible on the internet. Please check back later this week to watch some of the videos when I upload them!

As part of our WeSchool initiative, we are still collecting non-perishable food items until the end of October. The students are completely driving this campaign with a set goal of 1000 food items. Please help them meet their goal by bringing in those cans!

I wish you a great week, and check back in later this week to see some of the student videos.

A. Porcari